Saturday 5 November 2011

Taipei 台北 - Jiufen 九份


So there are a few options on how to get to Jiufen, you can go to the main Taipei Railway Station --> Ruifang Station, then bus ---> Jiufen. For me I had a local friend/tour guide who drove us to Ruifang Station first, then bought the bus ticket at a local mart to Jiufen.

the square to wait for the bus (right infront of Ruifang瑞芳 Station)
Ruifang Station 瑞芳车站 (our tour guide in red =P)

Walk around and found this stall and seriously I strongly recommend it!

 

Do get your camera ready cuz the view along the way is also spectacular!
Don't fret which station you should stop, cuz there are 3 main stops when you're up in the mountain (Jiufen being one of them). There are buses going around so no worries. That was how we ended travelling around and no regrets!

We first stopped by the YingYang Sea(阴阳海)and walked around. Luckily it was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day (am obsessed with BLUE ocean and BLUE sky)


Ying Yang Ocean (natural blue & yellow color)














So there's a catch with this gold block. "If you can move the block, you can have it!" So of course when human are challenged, they like to think that they can, nothing is impossible (including myself =P) and so shall be defeated by our very own arrogance, ok not so serious ; ) but even Mr Big guy or Hulk couldn't move it (that's why the block is still here).




Take a seat by the window with breathtaking view + the best dessert of Jiufen = heaven! 


In Jiufen, just walk all the way up and you will find THE BEST dessert, no kidding! you can even take away the ready-made so that you can cook it at home.


marinated 'stuff'



they'll do anything to attract you =P



































ok, honestly does this shiny looking cake looks appealing to you? The red color is some sort of spice which I think my mother would adore this, but sorrrryyyy ... I have to say it! It's the worst thing that I have ever tasted in Taiwan, there!





Some say this place was the inspiration of the famous, and also my favourite, The Spirited Away Japan Award-winning anime.


Amazing view from top ( but first you have to climb all the way to the top >.< )


You have to wait awhile if you want to take a bus straight back to Taipei (not as frequent)


There, a one-day trip to Jiufen, my fav place of all Taiwan, I actually came back cuz I have to show my friend this amaaaazing place!

Till the next Taiwan post ~ adios

No comments:

Post a Comment